I did this recipe on the fly yesterday, easy and the fast way – alternatives shown below.
Recipe: Main Dish Mozzarella Stuffed Italian Meatballs
- Fresh Mozzarella Balls (cherry sized / in water not oil)
- 1 lb of grass-fed ground beef (venison, turkey, or pork would work as well)
- 1 Whole egg
- Garlic Powder or fresh garlic if you so desire
- Onion Powder or fresh onions if you so desire
- Italian Seasoning Blend
- Salt / Black Pepper
- Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- 2 Tbs gluten-free generic flour
Gather all the ingredients plus a flat baking sheet and bowl. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
Put ground beef, egg, seasonings, and flour in the bowl and mix by hand till it is blended together and sorta sticky. Take 8 mozzarella balls out of the container and place on a napkin near the bowl. form a meat ball, make a little dip in it put a mozzarella ball in the middle and form the meat around it. Do this 8 times, making 8 meatballs. For those who are not tolerant to dairy, you can also use cherry tomatoes and it is quite delicious.
Bake on one side for 20 mins. Flip them over and bake for another 20 mins.
Enjoy on their own. Dip in Tomato sauce. Enjoy with Egg Plant Pizzas or other Italian dish of choice.