Everyone has a doctor in him or her; we just have to help it in its work. The natural healing force within each one of us is the greatest force in getting well. Our food should be our medicine. Our medicine should be our food. – Hippocrates
Nutrition, Holistic Medicine, Eastern and Western Medicine – Why does it have to be one or another? Why not use the best of all four to live a healthy, long life?
You are not only what you eat but you are what your body can digest and absorb. The first line of health and fitness is a healthy gut (aka. digestive tract – from mouth to colon).
The Candace Philosophy of eating includes the following guidelines:
– If your food didn’t have a mother, fall from a tree, or grow from the ground DO NOT eat it.
– If you cannot pronounce the ingredients DO NOT eat it.
– Food spoils and needs refrigeration, if it will last years in your pantry DO NOT eat it.
– No boxes, no bags, no cans. No “eatable products”.
– Ask yourself, “Would what you are putting in your mouth be recognized as food 150 years ago?”
– Go fresh, go frozen. Try farmers markets.
– Just say no to GMO (genetically modified foods)
– Avoid Gluten, Avoid Non-Fermented Whole Soy, Avoid Pasteurized Dairy
DO EAT…….grass-fed/grass-finished beef and other meats. Organic free-range eggs and chicken (not vegetarian – chickens are not vegetarians). Raw dairy and raw fermented dairy. A lot of veggies. A lot of healthy fats. Some starchy roots and tubers. Some fruit. A few nuts and seeds.
Note: dairy and grains are not a necessity for human survival or good health. All the vitamin and minerals you may get from these food groups you can get from vegetables, meat, fruit, and fats.
Pingback: “What the Health” Documentary – Don’t Take It at Face-Value | Food Fitness and Fun - ByCandace