I have purchase and read many many books, blogs, newletters, and listen to numerous podcasts in attempts to educate myself so that I can help myself and others.
First, below are the specific books that I’ve derived the recommendations from.
- The Hormone Reset Diet
- The Wahls Protocol
- The Autoimmune Solution
- The Adrenal Reset Diet
- The Hormone Secret
I bet you see a trend…..
Hormones rule your body. Healthy hormone function and balance is critical to being healthy.
Healthy Protocol Recommendations
- Avoid Alcohol
- Avoid Conventional Dairy
- Avoid Sugar (stevia ok)
- Avoid Gluten (Cross-Reactivity: Corn, Oats, Rice, Yeast, Whey)
- Avoid Grains
- Reduce Caffeine or Cycle Caffeine (on 3 weeks off 1 week)
- Stop Snacking
- Eat High-Quality Meats (grass-fed & finished, free-range, wild caught)
- Local Houston, TX Area: http://yonderwayfarm.com/
- Eat 1lb and or 9 cups of Veggies per day
- Eat 3-Dark Greens/3-Colorful/3-Crusciferous Sulfur-Rich vegetables per day
- Eat Pastured Egg Yolks (If you can’t find them local, I like Vital Farms brand. I’ve found them at HEB and Whole Foods)
- Eat Wild Caught Cold Water Fish
- Eat Probiotic Rich Foods (Non-Heated Sauerkraut, Kimchi, Kefir, Kombucha etc.)
- Eat Organic Berries
- Eat Avocados
- Eat Coconut (oil, full-fat milk)
- Eat Good Fats
- Eat Ghee
- Increase Protein Intake (around 0.8 per lbs of body weight; note protein can cause a spike in blood sugar)
- Eat Collagen (Gelatin)
- Eat Sweet Potatoes, Yams, Plantains (2 – 3 times per week)
- Eat Algae
- Drink Organic Green Tea
- Drink Herbal Teas (my favorite one is Calli Tea)
- Drink Organic Aloe Vera Juice
- Reduce and Manage Stress
- Get Good Quality Sleep
- Sleep in a Dark Cool Room
- Buy Gradual Wake Alarm Clock
- Use Amber Light Bulbs
- Wake-up & Go to Sleep at the Same Time Everyday
- Get 20 mins of Mid-Morning Sun Exposure Everyday
- Take an Evening Walk Everyday
- Do HIIT Training 1 to 2 times per week
- Do Dry Brushing
- Avoid Flame Retardants
- Avoid Pesticides
- Avoid BPA (use glass or stainless steel instead of plastic)
- Avoid Phthalates (Use Clean Body Products)
- Sweat (Use Infrared Sauna – two articles linked to each word)
- Use Mud/Clay
- Use Air Filters
- Use Water Filters (drinking and showering)
- Use EMF Filters
Test Test Test – Test for vitamin and mineral deficiencies. Re-test periodically.
- Increase Magnesium / Epsom Salt Baths
- Increase Vit. D3
- Take Digestive Enzymes
- Take NAC or PharmaNAC
- Take a High-Quality Multi-Vitamin – (two brands linked to each word)
Note: These lists are not a full comprehensive list of things to do or not do, but are various highlighted important things to do or not do. Concentrating on these things will move the needle towards better health.
I wish you all the best of health!
Hit me up in the comments if you have any questions.
Pingback: What Do I Eat? | Food Fitness and Fun - ByCandace