- Check out Part 1 on picking where to go and picking lodging.
- Check out Part 2 on Food and Activities.
About a month out I start a packing list; this will ensure that I do not forget anything for my trip at home by accident.
One important thing to consider when traveling is to look-up the average temperatures during the time you’ll be there. In South Lake Tahoe at the beginning of July the temperatures are from around 43 degrees to 76 degrees Fahrenheit. So, it is important to plan clothing to accommodate a vast temperature swings.
If you are going to be eating out a nice restaurants, checking for dress codes is encouraged, so you can pack appropriate clothing.
It is also important to take into consideration how many different activities will be done each day and what time of the day with the corresponding temperature, each requiring a different clothing option. I find bringing my favorites of each type of clothing works out well. We do have access to a washer and dryer, but who wants to do laundry on vacation?!?!??
- 3 Baseball Caps (all Houston Texans caps of course) – wear one on the plane
- Undies (including: over-the-shoulder-bolder-holders and sports-bras) – I take at least 2 pair per day, since we’ll be active during the day and then showered and redressed for dinner
- Fuzzy Socks (cause cold feet on cold nights)
- 2 or 3 Jackets (one casual, one nicer for evening dinner) – wear one on the plane
- 3 Jeans (black and blue)
- 3 Capris (UV protection capris and 2 denim)
- 3 Shorts (denim shorts, fabric shorts, and cut-offs)
- 3 Workout Pants
- Long-Sleeve Shirts (+2 UV protection shirts)
- Comfy Dresses (for nice dinners) (Carly & Julia)
- Sleeping/Lounge Clothes
- Swimwear & Cover-ups
- Sperry Flip-Flops – they are so comfy and they last forever!
- Sperry Top-Sider Women’s Seabrook Surf Breton Stripe Flat Sandal
- Merrell Women’s Pace Glove 3 Trail Running Shoe (this is my most favorite show ever….I wear them for every activity)
- Cute heels and or Wedges for dinners at night.
- Burke White Seal Waterproof Travel Portable Soap Box
- Beauty Counter’s Charcoal Cleansing Bar – (I buy through Hayley Mason)
- Dr. Ohhira’s Probiotic Kampuku Bar Soap
- Acure Brightening Facial Scrub
- Dr. Bronner’s Pure-Castile Bar Soap
- Jason’s Healthy Mouth Toothpaste – SeaFresh or Peppermint
- Moisturizer (lots since I’ll be in a dry climate)
- Primally Pure’s Charcoal Deodorant
- Toothbrush & Toothbrush holder
- Nail Clippers
- Shampoo & Conditioner
- Innersense Styling – Quiet Calm Curl Control
- Matrix Biolage RAW Heat Styling Primer
- Millions of pony-tail holders and barrettes
- Hair Brush, Comb, Pick
- See my latest post on juice Beauty’s Stem Cellular CC Cream Foundation
- EveryOne Lotion
- Sunscreen – Alba or Beauty Counter – (I buy through Hayley Mason)
- Sleep Mask
- Ear Plugs
- Travel Fan
- Mini Sewing Kit
- Water-Proof Floating Phone Bag
- Carry-On Backpack
- Airport/Plane Snacks
- Technology Items & Chargers
- Medications (in case suit case gets lost)
- Neck Pillow
- Nail Clippers
- Wallet (cash, insurance cards)
- Itinerary/Maps/Addresses/Directions/Phone Numbers
- 2 Small Cross-body Purses
- 1 Clutch
- Fabric Laundry Bags
- Feminine-Hygiene Products
Do not forget prescription medications. Make sure there is enough to last several days after intended return date.
- SAMYO – 5-Bottle Soft Purse-size Essential Oil Carrying Case
The following supplements will keep us healthy and feeling good on our trip.
- Pill Organizer
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin C
- Walkabout Emu Oil
- Paleo Valley – Grass-fed Organ Complex
- Four Sigmatic Cordyceps
- EASE Topical Magnesium
- Vital Protein Collagen Peptides Stick Packs
- NingXia NITRO or NingXia Red 2 oz Singles
Carry These, Just in Case
- Viral: Nature’s Sunshine VS-C – Viral Immune Formula
- Bacterial: Oil of Oregano
- Stomach Stuff: Organic Activated Charcoal
- 2 Ear Buds
- Multiple Apple Charges
- Apple Converter Cords
- FitBit Charger
- Portable Charging Cubes
- Extra Camera Batteries
- Camera Battery Charger
Below are some items that I suggest purchasing for travel:
- White Noise Sound Machine (Also, there’s an AP for that! Check out Sleep Stream2)
- Travel Cubes
- Bra Underwear Storage Bag Travel Lingerie Pouch Toiletry Organizer
- Sea-Band Adult Wristband, Natural Nausea Relief
Healthy Snacks for Travel & Arrival
- Justin’s Nut Butter – To go on the Apples
- Beef Jerky
- Purely Elizabeth Granola
- 70% Chocolate
- Stevia Packets
- Mini Personal Travel Salt & Pepper Shaker Set
- True Lime Packets
- Kassendrinos Olive Oil (will go in checked suitcase)
- Coupon Code for 10% Off – BYCANDACEKEVO
As I purchase stuff for the trip, I pick one location, drawer or basket to start accumulating items that I’ll be taking with me, but not using between now and then.
Part 4 on The Week Before – Coming Soon!